My Journey...

Out of Breast Cancer and into the New Old World of Crafting

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Finishing Something Important


I found out this week that my friend's mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She is 72 years old and she is refusing all treatment. I have been working on an afghan for her in my spare time for almost a year now. I feel so bad that I have not made it a higher priority. I have decided that I am not going to work on anything else until I get it done. It is a beautiful blanket of many colors, but it is slow work, each row takes me at least 15 minutes. So it may be a couple of weeks before I am able to list anything new on my Etsy site. But I feel that getting this finished as quickly as possible is really important. She was so supportive of me during my battle with breast cancer I feel like this is the least I can do.

No comments: