My Journey...

Out of Breast Cancer and into the New Old World of Crafting

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Prayer Request for Our Famliy

To all of our friends and relatives:Robert has had the opportunity to apply for a new job. The place that he is currently employed is over 50 miles from our house and he drives there and back 5-6 days a week. For this he is compensated with a salary of around $12 per hour, plus a monthly stipend of $38 to "reimburse" the traveling expenses that he incurs through out the demands of his job that require him to have to drive hundreds of additional miles during the week more than his actual commute.

The job he has applied for is located in Ottawa, Ks and is a job with the City of Ottawa processing permits. It is a Monday through Friday 8-5 job, although it is eligible for overtime pay when needed. He will be driving approx 2 miles each way to work and could conceivably walk or right his bike if he gets in a physical position capable of doing that (or if his car breaks down LOL) The starting pay range is from $12 to $16 per hour. Even were he to get the lowest possible salary we would still be saving $300-$400 a month on gas. And most important is what we will gain as time spend as a family. Once you remove his travel time and the extra days he was working, we stand to gain almost a month out of every year to spend as a family however we would like.

I really feel like God has put this in our path and I am requesting that all who know us and who are people of Faith to please join us in prayer that he will be able to get this job. Those of you you are able and willing may also hold a fast for our family in this situation. This is one of the most important things to me in my life right now. I have been going through quite a bit of emotional turmoil about uprooting and moving back to Utah, until now, I really felt that it was our only choice to get out from under the financial situation that we are in, but this seems like an answer to a prayer to help us find some way to be able to stay here.

Pleas help!Feel free to pass this along to all your friends and relatives, we can use all of the blessings we can get right now.

2 comments:

amberchase.weebly.com said...

HI!
You don't know me but I was so touched by your faith and humility. I saw your web page link on a breast cancer site, and I just felt such a kinship with you. I am 29 years old and have been battling IBC for 6 months now. I will pray that your husband gets the job, but if you ever move to Utah, that is where I live and it is wonderful! It is so nice to see people put out there on the world wide web their faith and beliefs in God and prayer. Very refreshing. You brightened my life!

Vanessa said...

Thank you so much! I am so glad that I was able to lift your sprits. I appreciate your prayers, and I AM here in Utah now so I would love to hear from you again!