My Journey...

Out of Breast Cancer and into the New Old World of Crafting

Thursday, December 13, 2007

My how time flies...

So, a lot has happened since my last post. My husband did not get the job he was wanting in Kansas and after a lot of prayer and soul searching (and a bit of divine intervention) we decided that we were indeed meant to move to Utah. We made our move on November 3. We had no job lined up, we did not list our house until the day we moved, we just up and left. It was really scary. We moved into the house that I grew up in, renting it from my mother. Within two weeks my husband had found a job with immediate benefits (very important for a cancer survivor and a man with diabetes) also within that time we got an offer on our house and we are set to close the deal tomorrow. We have been so unbelievably blessed it is amazing!

It is so nice to be living near family. Pretty much all of my extended family lives in the Salt Lake Valley. After almost two years of trials things are finally starting to look up. My husband has found a good job with good benefits and tuition reimbursement. He is hoping to go back to school and get his nursing degree. We have a good place to live where we can have animals and livestock (I see my own flock of sheep in my future) And Yarn Wyrkz is continuing to do well. Everyone is currently healthy and hopefully will stay that way.

I am going to try to be better with posting here on my blog now that things have settled down a bit. Look for pics of my spinning wheel (yes I finally got one!) and the new yarn creations I have come up with. And gorgeous pics of my new home state of Utah. I never realized how much I missed the mountains until I got here and remembered how beautiful it is to look out the window at them every morning.

I am also working on promoting Etsy here in Utah. There are over 150 etsy sellers in Utah and yet when I moved here there were only about 7 members of the EtsyUtah street team. So I have been working with the new team leader to try to recruit some more members and get etsy awareness here in the Beehive State. I am optimistic that there is going to be a lot of growth which will of course help my own business as well as etsy in general.

No comments: